Latest Reballance Does Not work

Is that supposed to be a joke? So just -60% now

Papi I thought the reason you left was because of the imbalance, and that you would return once it was fixed. Havenā€™t seen you on?

Nubblet, u need to stop QQing!!!

U can still kill me in 2 magic hits.

Smhā€¦ Stop with the ignorance. Use % reduction or continue losing every fight

The latest restart, a couple days ago increased the mage damage up a bit. If you have not tested your damage since then, I encourage you to do so. It still removes the exponential damage increases, but this adds a flat 10% damage increase on top of the old increases.

For those who feel this is unfair, I want to point out, the same thing was done to melee many many years ago when the exponential damages were getting out of hand. This should now have magic and physical damage much closer balanced.

Things are obviously still not perfect, but Iā€™m trying my best to work on it to make things fair and make it so every class still has purpose, both pvp and pve.

As for the comments saying magic was fine in pve just needed nerfed for pvp, this is not really true. Mages with specific gear and buffs were able to solo the hardest bosses and kill them much faster than any other class. Even faster than parties of 3-4 people without that setup could do it. This breaks the design of the game.

Iā€™m going to try to schedule some time in the next week or two to do some one on one testing with players in game. Iā€™m gonna build a tool that will let me spawn any monster/boss/etc and have it act as though its a training dummy. This way we can test DPS in situations other than a training dummy with no resistance or stats. If I get time, I might even be able to do it in a way to clone a player and do similar tests for pvp.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll gladly test magic. Itā€™s still terrible and I didnā€™t have any of those end game gears and buffs. Just using X grade mage items and a damn magi cloak.

For example in the normal underground instance, the first one. I could kill the little enemies with blizzard 2-3 times. Now I canā€™t even damage them before they regen their health. And if I wanna gather them up to firestorm/hurricane combo it takes 2-3 if them.

And Thebes?! Went once after this great rebalance and once after the 10% is so bad for a mage. And the bosses are unkillable for me now. T5 mage collecting dust

1 Like

Think itā€™s going to stay like that for a long while now, unfortunate really. Straight up weakest T5 class after the change, maybe a 10-20% damage loss couldā€™ve been justified but 60% is just insane

just from the messages iā€™m seeing it seems like i have been heard. Melee has to kill things one by one and continue to struggle while mages have had it easy as fuck. I say why you want but mages have had it easy as fuck. now its time for melee to have a chance. You say 60% but mages were way too overpowered to begin with. now its time for real players to step in.

Sorry? AoE is not viable on this server. Mages have to kill one by one

When I had the Vala staff, the only place I could hunt aoe and make it worth the time was Thebes. Even with dominating in there, Iā€™d still get better SXP and EXP hunting underground 2f or 3f. Iā€™d also aoe near orc town, but again, 1v1 underground still better. Aoe Magic simply wouldnā€™t do enough damage anywhere else to kill fast enough.

AOE was good back in Thebesā€™s v1.0 when Korean played.

The end.

3 Likes

Has there been any revisions to the Magic Damage? I havenā€™t had the chance to get on much, and donā€™t have any desire to until something is done about the magic.

I heard some monster ā€œdummysā€ were spawned in town to test out damageā€¦ did this help at all? were any conclusions drawn, besides the obviousā€¦that magic blows donkey?

Would be nice to hear an update whether from Zaj or a player that has the game on 24/7 to see global chat.

I donā€™t think so other than the 10% boost.

In my opinion doing a tiered damage reduction for pve and pvp would be better than an overall nerf. It could be something like 25% less damage for pvp vs tier 5, 20% less for tier 4 etc. and similar for Pve. Those figures are just arbitrary and would have to be tested.

I donā€™t understand the reasoning - there are not many active strong mages in this entire game. DE and Elf are the classes of choice.

What you donā€™t understand is the amount of damage created by stacking all the different ways was making it rediculous. There is no way that it will go back to the way it was. However, that doesnā€™t mean I wonā€™t adjust it so mages do a bit more damage.

If this seems unfair to you, something you need to keep in mind, about 3-4 years ago, this exact same thing was done to physical weapons, except to a worse degree. ALL physical damage boosts were switched to a linear boost method rather than exponential. At the time magic damage wasnā€™t getting stacked up quite the same way so it wasnā€™t applied to magic as well. I have plans to revisit physical damage boosts and apply it in a similar way that magic is now, which will boost physical damage a bit, as magic damage isnā€™t boosted purely linear, it has boost groups that are linear within them and exponential across each other. I will try to make a post explaining the way damage boosts are so it is easier to understand the way it is now.

Now as to the comment about damage tests, I had not scheduled a time to do in game damage tests with players because Iā€™ve been focused on contract work any time I have time to spare. This month and last month donations have been at a nearly all time low, thus it is hard for me to justify spending time doing tests that will most likely piss off a majority of the server and likely make very few people happy.

With that said, if donations can increase enough this week that I can make the time, Saturday Morning/Afternoon (EST) I will dedicate a few hours of time to testing in game with players on monsters of varying tiers/levels/stats and post the results. If Iā€™m not satisfied with those results, it will likely lead to a restart following soon after with adjustments to the classes who need them. If you want to make sure your build/gear/etc is included in these tests, youā€™ll want to be there. Iā€™ll make a tool this week to duplicate builds on my test account so I can acurately and quickly test builds.

These tests will be focused on PVE, if it goes well, we will do more tests in the future focused on pvp, with a dummy system that will be similar to the new one generated but allowing the creation of testers based on specific players.

I wanna sit down and post something in length about this later today or tomorrow, but donā€™t have time now.

I can state for certain I am NOT using the items that stack on magic damage that some other do.

Iā€™ve changed only a couple items out in the last 2 years and my damage had been very similar the entire time.

After this rebalance my damage was cut in half (or more).

My damage tests will not be designed to compare damage to what was, but to the other classes at various levels, builds. After all that is what truly matters with a re-balancing. An equalizing of the classes to some degree.

Iā€™ll be comparing DPS / Damage over the 10 second intervals, as this will reflect the delays in casting and swing speeds.