Latest Reballance Does Not work

Oh, I am not saying mess with the delay. I am saying extend the distance to max bow distance. The delay after using triple also applies to trying to cast NB. It is quite a healthy delay, or unhealthy, if you don’t have beads on taking on tough boss. If I have to be max distance to get max dmg and get zero, drops, at least extend distance for triple arrow.

Right but that’s still a huge buff since you have increased damage at Max range, it’s not just a quality of life issue anymore

The high enchant on the staff is the only thing keeping it the best staff in the game, it has equal base magic crit to that of staff of ra and it only has like +10 int +10 sp over it which is jack shit. The aoe on the staff is worthless compared to meteor strike and the valakas blessing isn’t reducing physical damage atm the only thing it does is make you immune to freeze which is just a direct counter to mage and nothing else. Don’t forget this value has already been nerfed (used to be 50 base and +2 per enchant). The crit on + was only put in because it used to only give melee dmg which is useless for mage.

Compare this to the + on valakas dagger which gives 18 lifesteal per + at level 30 (that damage is unmitigable might I add) plus the bonus to melee dmg it already gets and the magic crit on + for staffs is quite fair

Well, I completely disagree with the “quality of life” not being an issue. Unfortunately, it also means no drops. So while I am ‘helping’ kill a dragon or whatever, nobody is so magnanimous to say, “hey, thanks, here’s a share of the loot.”

We will just have to agree to disagree. :slight_smile:

It is a quality of life issue for sure, i’m saying it’s not just that issue anymore since it also affects damage. If you didn’t get bonus damage from being further away then for sure extend it but since you can now it’s a huge buff. Even though you might not get loot from the mob that’s not to say you can’t be in a party with a friend who you are splitting loot 50/50, it shouldn’t be ok to buff it because you’re a lone wolf who says he wouldn’t get drops lol

Not to mention you could hit bosses from edge of screen for 99% of their hp and then walk a few tiles in and get drops

The magic nerf was for the 1-2 folks that were killing bosses and an extremely fast clip, way more than Zaj intended, and is probably that same person(s) who complained about the incorrect % crit dmg on the Lind Earrings which I did not use on pvp but on a handful of dragon bosses. Yes, it was incorrect and Zaj fixed it, but for a few folks to bitch and moan about it was a bit silly.

Anyway, I still believe triple should be backed up, and drops as well. That is my opinion, and like assholes, everyone has one. :wink:

Again, we’ll agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Stand at the edge of the screen for 99% and then get drops? How about almost every boss that either walks up to u or teleports up to you? Or how about if you stand too far away and end up getting crits and boss dies and it ends up dropping 0?

I agree bow should do more damage from afar, but it should level off at 3-4 cells away. Not do less damage from next to you.

Just nerf magic vs pvp and bosses. Problem solved. Keep magic how it was vs all other monsters in game.

1 Like

I’m happy I’m a knight. Said no one ever, until just now.

1 Like

In the case of bosses teleporting on you then the change is irrelevant if you wouldn’t be able to stand at max distance anyway so not sure why you brought that up

As for magic in pvp I’ve already discussed at length how this is not an issue at all, in fact magic is the most balanced damage in pvp since magic can’t crit so it doesn’t ignore % reduction like physical classes are doing

The 20x crit was a bug so there’s no right to complain about that one, mage have had a handful of bugs in the past that allowed for insane damage aswell but no one cried when they were fixed. Magic damage in it’s current state isn’t bugged which is why it was an unjustified nerf.

As for mages killing bosses quick I think you mean just me? Haven’t heard a single name aside from myself yet. If zaj wants to make bosses harder then he should be boosting them not gimping every mage on the server

I think Zaj told me it was like 2000% crit. It was insane, and it needed to be fixed. Funny how folks complained about it, since there was only 1 earring in use in game, and I wasn’t exactly stealing bosses or going on pvp rages. :wink: I know it needed to be fixed; I am not ‘complaining’ about it.

BTW, Zaj did say he is going to fix the mage change so it wouldn’t be so harsh, so help is on the way! :smiley:

That’s the difference though, it was bugged so people are right to complain when you are getting an unintended boost

Lol, wasn’t a bug. Zaj assigned the wrong %, and he fixed it as he should have, but anyway, that’s a red herring. Again, we will just have to agree to disagree on changes I would like to see if elves. We all have our opinions.

:smiley:

For all intents and purposes it’s the same thing no need to get into semantics lmao. Regardless it’s still a completely separate issue, 1 insanely overpowered item (earrings) vs power creep over time through levels/tier/gear/new items (magic damage).

magic damage isnt bugged either, its just too high

based on what facts?

Mostly just with event gear, theres magical critcal rating, but no other critical rating

At least for a knight, There is bow hit and dex, int and sp.

What? No items have magic crit rating except for X grade staffs

Zaj on now and server restart soon…Magic will get a base dmg buff of 10% on this restart