After several weeks of testing the new client on the test server, I feel it is ready for release. There will be an In-Game release party to celebrate as well!
The new client has many new features, here is a list of some of the ones that stand out:
- Action Window with buttons for common “/” commands and settings toggles.
- A new spell window that organizes the spells differently.
- A new bookmarks menu with better organization and color codes
- New friends/block window
- Auto-Potions Window that will use potions when your Hp or Mp drops below 60%
- New Auto Attack feature that allows you to right click a target then left click to attack them after they are selected
- New auto follow system that will auto follow a character that you right click on if you left click after
- New PVP toggle that allows you to attack players and npcs without holding down the control button.
- Dead monsters will become transparent preventing you from targeting them, making it easier to kill groups of mobs single target
- A new Shop system that lets you pick a shop polymorph to attract players to purchase from you
- An instance timer that lets you know how much time you have left in the instance before you are kicked out
- A status screen that tells you details from this play session including:
- Exp gained
- Adena Gained
- Monsters Killed
- Items Gained with a list of them
- A new browser window that will have features added to it in the near future
- An updated equipment window that shows your brooch and guarder slots
- Support for many new monster sprites
- Support for many new epic maps and instances
The release date will be Saturday, May 22nd at 1PM EST. The server will be down for approximately 1 hour to do some backups and other small maintenance. Once the server is back online you will not be able to connect to it with the current client. You will be required to have the v4 client installed to connect from that point on.
You can be sure you are ready to connect by connecting to the test server after installing the new client. The test server’s database is based on the database from around 1-2 months ago, this means if you have changed your password since then, you will need to login with your old password.
If you are having problems connecting to the test server or the live server after release you can check this guide to assist in trouble shooting your connection problem: Connectivity Issues
Here are the download links for the new installers:
To install the game, follow these instructions:
- Download the game with the link above
- Extract L1.5v4_installer.zip by double clicking it or using your favorite zip file program
- Install .NET Framework 4.5.2 if you don’t already have it installed there is a folder inside the extracted content that has an installer for it.
- Double click setup_v4.exe and follow the prompts to install it. Many steps in this installer may take a long amount of time to process as it uses a high compression rate.
- Double click the L1.5 Updater shortcut on the desktop to let the game update. (click I accept then when its finished just click close)
- Double Click the L1.5 v4 shortcut on the desktop to open the connector and you can use this to then connect to the game. If you are doing this before May 22nd you can click the TestServer to login and test that you are ready for the release.
Thanks to ThePapi! there is also a video showing you how to install the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svN0c5S_E68