A number of people have been asking questions about the new jewels recently added to the game, so I wanted to make a quick post with some information.
First, the new jewels can not currently be won from the Pandora Jewelry game on the website. Instead, you have to collect jewelry fragments. This can currently be done a couple different ways.
- Leave your character logged into the game for a chance to receive jewel fragments each time vitality coins are awarded.
- Jewel fragments can drop while hunting the new Sky Gardens.
- Jewel fragments can also be obtained while collecting some of the trade skill nodes.
Create and Upgrade New (and Old) Jewels
Creating and upgrading the new jewels is also different in that this is not done at Pandora (-warp 1). First, the players must own Sky Castle. When someone takes Sky Castle you will get the sky buffs, which give +25 to each stat and other benefits. You can also tell if the players own Sky Castle by using the teleportation scroll to Sky Castle. If the players own it, an NPC will appear where you first teleport in and this NPC will teleport you directly inside the castle.
When the players own Sky Castle, there will be 2 NPCs inside the castle. The Sky Jeweler, Taiven is located in the top right of the castle. To create a jewel you will need:
- 20 jewel fragments of the type of jewel you want to create
- 25 ancient gem dust
- 8 million adena
There is also a chance that the jewel created will be a level 2 jewel!
To attempt a jewel upgrade, you will need the following:
- 2 jewels of the same type and level (ie if you want to attempt to upgrade a level 2 vital stone to level 3, you will actually need 2 x level 2 vital stones)
- 20 jewel fragments of the type of jewel you want to upgrade
- 25 ancient gem dust
- 10 million adena
On success, you will receive one jewel at the next level. On failure, you will receive one of the jewels back along with a random number of jewel fragments.
While attempting to upgrade new jewels (and old jewels via the Sky Jeweler) seems to require a lot of materials, it has been said that the success rate is supposed to be better than that of Pandora upgrading the older jewels. For those of us who seem to have really bad luck with Pandora, this also provides another way to get those older jewels upgraded.
Batch 2 Jewels
You can see what the new jewels are here (scroll down for the “Batch 2 Jewels”):