Windows 10 Upgrade

Just upgraded to Windows 10. When I run the updater, it shows up in Task Manager but never runs the game to the login screen. Ideas? Saw some folks yesterday say it works on Win10.

I spoke to you in game. I told the GM about this. He needs to upgrade to windows 10 himself to troubleshhot this problem. Since I have many pc’s I still have one at windows 8.1 to be able to get the upgrade from that pc.

Maybe the GM can do a temp fix for this?

Yup. I remember. Posted this before we spoke in game. Thanks. I hope Zaj can get to it soon. Want to make sure game stays updated.

:slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure i have a fix for the updates with windows 10.

I need someone with win10 to confirm this works.

Make a shortcut on your desktop to “launcher.exe”

Right click this shortcut and click properties.

At the end of the target field, add a space (after the ") and add 162.243.72.155

Click Okay, then run the shortcut, it should download the updates as intended.

Let me know if this works!

Its still not working after the numbers have been added…

Same for me. The pointer spins then goes back to normal. Game executable just runs in the background doing nothing.

update.exe does the same thing too.

are you guys making the shortcut to launcher.exe or update.exe?

I’ll be updating one of my pc’s to win10 to see if I can figure out a solution.

checking now i’ll post my results

I tested the above method with the launcher and used differernt compatability settings. The program does not activate the update process and remains active in the background.

Launching Task Manager you can see the program working under background processes under the name
Lineage Launcher (32 bit) using 13.1 - 13.4 % cpu

You can end the process in the task manager.

Hope this helps

I’m working on installing win10 now, spent half the day trying to just update win7 with all the service packs and crap to get the update icon to show up, but gave up and am downloading the install tool now.

yes that’s what I did with the total update. I was going to ask for a list of changed files I could have done that. I think it’s good to had a win 7 or 8 machine fully updated before applying the upgrade anyway though.

I have a working solution for the windows 10 update.exe

Update.exe isn’t actually the problem, as I have shown by telling you guys to test with launcher.exe. The fix for this is actually a new launcher.exe file.

Download this file:
http://www.l15server.com/files/Win10Update.zip

Extract the zip file and place launcher.exe and launcher.Pak in your L1.5 install folder. Overwrite the existing files there.

Now run update.exe (or your L1.5 Updater shortcut)

Click the left side, redish button with korean text, then it should start updating the client as normal!

Let me know if this works for you guys!

OK This is how I did it.

Now run update.exe (or your L1.5 Updater shortcut)

Click the left side, redish button with korean text,

Then a yes/no prompt comes up
CLICK NO

then it should start updating the client as normal!

Thanks this worked perfectly!

Odd. Doesn’t work for me. When I click the redish button with text then the No on the Yes/No prompt, I get an error Can’t loads dataz files. Reinstall Lineage.

this is because you have the game open, close the game then try

No the game wasn’t open. I was running the update.exe without the game up and running.

restart your computer then try it, that error usually means that the game is open, even if in the background.

Unfortunately no, that did not work. I shut down my computer each night so tried again this morning. I tried the Troubleshoot Compatibility trying both Win8 and Win7. Neither worked and received the same error message.

I suppose I can reinstall.

I upgraded to win 10 and tried every step here, but i can’t play anyways.

I can choose server, but in the login screen it appears an error message “Currently, this server is not available. Please choose another server”.

In windows 10 you need to run the installer else you get that message

“Currently, this server is not available. Please choose another server”.